Do you like to watch speedpaints in YouTube from your favourite artists? Maybe you’re wondering about creating your own? Why not?
If you’re looking to create your own channel, here we will tell you anything you will need to know!
YouTube is the best platform to promote video content, as it keeps all the quality and works as a search engine that will allow you to position your content above the others. Here we will show you how to get the most out of it!
Set Up Your Account
The first move is to create a Youtube account. You can have an account right away by having a Google account, if you have one, sign in and go to Youtube to start, if not, go to google.com and create an account to start right away.
Customize your space
Now that you have your account ready, it’s time to make it yours! This are the main elements that you can change:
- Channel’s name: think about it calmly. This name will be your main identity and you will build you awareness over it, so choose a solid, functional name that will remain classic throughout time
- Icon: this icon will appear at the top of your channel and at the bottom of each of your videos, so choose something that represents you in a direct and visual way. This icon must be an image file of 800 x 800 pixels.
- Banner: this space allows you to create a background that can be a great representation of yourself and your art. The banner needs to have some fixed measurements, 2560 x 1440 px resolution, to be shown on most devices. Canva can be a great resource to create your own banner with their templates.
Create your speedpaint content
We have prepared a great post explaining from A to Z the whole process of creating a speedpaint, check it out!
Prepare your content for SEO
Once you have created your content, take into account that must follow some guidelines to impulse your video among the rest:
- Title: include relevant keywords related to the video content to make it rank better in search engines. Always remember not to use keywords not related to your content. It can be considered a violation of Youtube’s community guidelines and can mislead users about your content.
- Video description: create a rich, user-friendly description that describes the content that the user will enjoy above. To include even more useful information, include links to other videos or your social media platforms and a brief description of your channel encouraging them to subscribe.
Posting regularly is one of the keys of success, as YouTube values consistency and having new content, promoting your videos above others. Our main recommendation is to set yourself your posting periodicity and schedule your uploads to organise your time, having always fresh content for your users and YouTube. Also, always be clear with your community, tell them what to expect and when they will able to see new content, creating an engaged community.